Algebraic and Algorithmic Aspects of Differential and Integral Operator Session
Santiago de Compostela, Spain, June 18-22, 2018
Moulay Barkatou (University of Limoges, XLIM DMI, Limoges, France)
Thomas Cluzeau (University of Limoges, CNRS, XLIM DMI, Limoges, France)
Georg Regensburger (Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria)
Markus Rosenkranz (Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria)
The algebraic/symbolic treatment of differential equations is a flourishing field, branching out in a variety of subfields committed to different approaches. In this session, we want to give special emphasis to the operator perspective of both the underlying differential operators and various associated integral operators (e.g. as Green’s operators for initial/boundary value problems).
In particular, we invite contributions in line with the following topics:
- Symbolic Computation for Operator Algebras
- Factorization of Differential/Integral Operators
- Linear Boundary Problems and Green’s Operators
- Initial Value Problems for Differential Equations
- Symbolic Integration and Differential Galois Theory
- Symbolic Operator Calculi
- Algorithmic D-Module Theory
- Rota-Baxter Algebra
- Differential Algebra
- Discrete Analogs of the above
- Software Aspects of the above
If you are interested in joining the session, please contact us.
We have published an MCS Special Issue based on the 2008-10 sessions and a Springer LNCS Postproceedings Volume based on the 2011-12 sessions. We have co-edited a Special Issue with Alexey Ovchinnikov on Computational Aspects of Differential/Difference Algebra and Integral Operators for the journal Advances in Applied Mathematics based on ACA 2014.